[nhc-users] Maximum Heap Size

Arunkumar S Jadhav arunk at it.iitb.ac.in
Fri Jun 3 06:37:32 EDT 2005

Hello All,

Am I right in assuming that nhc98 uses only 29 (out of possible 32) bits
for addressing. Because, the top bit is used for ZAP, and least two bits
are used to differentiate between various data nodes and so on.

If this is the case then, we can't allocate more than 2^29 bytes or
2^27 (i.e 128 Mega Words) words for the total heap size
(i.e Sp + Hp). Even if we were to use this maximum limit, the addressing
has to start from 0x0, because otherwise we'll need more than 29 bits.
So the actual limit is much less than 128 M Words. Or am I missing something ?

Regards,
Arunkumar S Jadhav, Masters Student,
KReSIT, IIT-Bombay, India
Ph: +91-22-25764967