[nhc-users] openFd?

Sean E. Russell ser at germane-software.com
Tue Jan 4 07:47:53 EST 2005

On Friday 31 December 2004 09:35, David Roundy wrote:
> For the curious, I'm looking into how hard it might be to make darcs
> compilable using nhc98, and this is the first sticking point--actually the

If you're interested in NHC98 from an academic perspective, then ignore my
response... however, you're aware of the performance issues of NHC98?  That
it produces programs that are on the order of ten times slower than GHC
compiled binaries?

The binaries themselves are smaller, but the code is significantly -- and in
my experience, noticably -- slower.

--
--- SER

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents,
more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some
great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach
their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned
by a downright moron."        -  H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)