[nhc-users] Question about Data.Word and Data.Bits w/ nhc

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Tue, 27 May 2003 09:50:58 +0100

Matthew Donadio <m.p.donadio@ieee.org> writes:

> I have a moudle that uses Data.Word and Data.Bits.  In particular, it
> needs the Word32 type.  I specify -package base when compiling, but I
> get an error that the class Data.Bits.Bits does not have an instance of
> NHC.FFI.Word32.  Is there an additional package that I need to specify,
> or is this something that isn't implemented yet?

The instances of Bits were not implemented when 1.16 was released,
but have since been implemented in the CVS tree.  The source code is
in libraries/base/NHC/SizedTypes.hs.cpp, with corresponding imports
in Data.Int and Data.Word.

Regards,
    Malcolm