[nhc-users] default heap size

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:33:51 +0100

> Is there any way to permanently change the default heap size that nhc
> uses? I seem to have asked for the default heap size to be 1M, which is
> too small for my purposes, and now I always have to remember to add +RTS
> -H10M to everything.

Yes, when you compile a program, you can give a default heapsize for
that program on the command line, e.g.

    nhc98 -o Main Main.hs -H10M

If you want *all* programs built by nhc98 to get a larger default
heapsize, then you can re-configure your build of nhc98 as follows:

    ./configure -H10M
    make runtime
    make install

(Provided you still have the rest of the build on disk, this should
only rebuild the helper utility 'nhc98heap' which does the default
settings.)

Regards,
    Malcolm