GHC 9.10 release schedule and core library status

Julian Ospald hasufell at posteo.de
Wed Feb 7 02:24:22 UTC 2024

Hi,

Have all core/boot library maintainers been notified to join that mailing list? Where is that information? I don't see it.

The only reason I got wind of this is because Hécate CCed the library ML as well.

I remain unconvinced that this is a good way of coordinating releases across 20+ maintainers.

Information that is necessary:

- what versions do YOU need?
- what versions do maintainers want to see in the next GHC release?
- do maintainers want a "backport" of a version bump to an older GHC branch?
- relationships between core libraries (that is the case for filepath)
- deadline

This could possibly be expressed in a shared spreadsheet, so that everyone understands the current status without going through mailing lists they're not subscribed to or issue trackers with 10+ posts.

Thanks,
Julian