[ANN] bytestring-0.11.4.0

Matthew Craven clyring at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:21:10 UTC 2023

This was the first item in the main changelog, which provided a link. See:

* https://github.com/haskell/bytestring/pull/542
* https://github.com/haskell/aeson/issues/967
* https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/22204

In short, if Lift was used to produce two ShortByteStrings that have
the same length, then GHC would sometimes use the same buffer for both
when the code actually gets run. It's pretty bad.

Thanks for asking.