Takeover of cryptonite and memory

Hécate hecate at glitchbra.in
Sun Jan 9 16:17:29 UTC 2022

Hello Hackage admins,

Several board members of the Haskell Foundation have tried for many
months to contact Vincent Hanquez regarding his cryptography packages,
that have become cornerstones of the ecosystem and of industrial Haskell
products.

Recently, I have received complaints and questions about those packages
being major blockers for the adoption of newer GHC versions.
I have thus made another home for those packages with the explicit aim
of diversifying the ownership and maintenance so that we do not have
such a high bus factor.

I would like to start a Hackage takeover procedure for the following
packages:

* cryptonite
* memory

Their new home would be the haskell-cryptography GitHub organisation,
and emails have been sent to past contributors, in order to maintain
continuity in the development teams.
My Hackage username is "hecate". Chris Dornan (in CC) is also involved,
and his username is "ChrisDornan".

Moreover, as a board member of the Haskell Foundation, I intend to
provide resources to help coordination between the stakeholders of these
packages, in the community and industry.

We will be at your disposal for any question.

Cheers.

Hécate ✨
🐦: @TechnoEmpress
IRC: Hecate