New CLC proposal process

Andrew Lelechenko andrew.lelechenko at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 23:23:57 UTC 2021

As https://github.com/haskell/core-libraries-committee/blob/main/README.md <https://github.com/haskell/core-libraries-committee/blob/main/README.md> says, CLC owns, but does not maintain core libraries as long as they are kept in order by appointed maintainers. If you find a core library abandoned and neglected, raise an issue with CLC.

Otherwise proposals affecting core libraries should be discussed with respective maintainers first. They can seek CLC opinion on controversial changes, but are not obliged to.

I suppose HF Tech Track could be a helpful body to ask a non-binding opinion on changes with a wider scope.

Best regards,
Andrew