Give MonadTrans a QuantifiedConstraints superclass

Fumiaki Kinoshita fumiexcel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 01:12:01 UTC 2021

+1 to the original proposal of using QuantifiedConstraints.

There is no need to stick to the standard from 23 years ago, and having two
different classes is only likely to bring confusion and extra work for
library maintainers.

Adding `(>>==) :: Monad m => t m a -> (a -> t m b) -> t m b` seems even
worse; it will break every single instance of MonadTrans in the ecosystem!