Why base library changes are only discussed on GHC issue tracker and not on the libraries@ list?

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Wed Jul 7 17:41:14 UTC 2021

As I understood from the https://wiki.haskell.org/Library_submissions
page (to which GHC wiki links from
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/wikis/contributing#contributing-to-ghc),
this job of elevating issue to the CLC is the job of a library
maintainer. So I repeat my question: who are the current maintainer(s)
of base library to make these calls.

I'd like to know whom comments I can and cannot ignore when proposing
changes, as everyone has an opinion on how base should be (myself
including).

- Oleg