New Libraries Proposal process

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Thu Jul 1 12:01:18 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 01, 2021 at 01:54:15PM +0500, Ignat Insarov wrote:

> Last time I opened an issue to `containers` they sent me straight to
> this mailing list. So I assumed the same would happen if I make a pull
> request to add something to `base`. But maybe you are right and it is
> going to go differently. I am going to try it and report back.

What might help in this case is some motivating context that would help
to overcome the objection that you're suggesting yet more partial
functions for Data.Foldable, which perhaps belong in a new Foldable1
class, of which 'NonEmpty' can be the poster-child instance.

Would 'Foldable1' work for you?  Do you need it to be derivable? ...

--
    Viktor.