Proposal: Expanding the CLC

Julian Ospald hasufell at posteo.de
Sat Feb 13 21:24:04 UTC 2021

Absolutely. I think there could very well be a platform that focuses solely on authorship. This could be made easier by enforcing package names to contain the authors username and then relying on package-qualified imports or something. Just random thoughts.

But yeah, hackage is not that. It already contains various means to deal with maintainership that exceeds authorship.

There's a good counter-argument to my proposal though, namely that it may undermine a users trust in a package, which may be based on the authors quality standards and their attitude. I agree it is an argument, but I also believe a body like the CLC has sufficient competency to make up for this. And it's also a reminder to every maintainer: make sure you have co-maintainers you trust, such that this will never become a problem.