Fwd: New Libraries Proposal process

Tikhon Jelvis tikhon at jelv.is
Sat Sep 12 16:31:44 UTC 2020

One thing I find valuable with the GitHub proposal style—which I've
observed in GHC proposals and in Rust—is that each proposal has a document
that contains all of the information and gets updated over time. Later on,
it's nice to read the final version of a proposal document without needing
to go into all of the discussion that led up to it.

We could still do that while having discussions on a mailing list, of
course, but it seems that GitHub makes the connection between discussions
and the proposal document more direct.