Getting comonad into base

Oliver Charles ollie at ocharles.org.uk
Fri Sep 11 19:04:00 UTC 2020

Is this for instances of Comonad that you use, or so you can supply your own instances without a comonad dependency? I ask because I think I can recall a single time I actually had a use for comonad, and my understanding is that in Haskell comonads are relatively uninteresting - but it sounds like I'm mistaken!