[Proposal] Integration of helpers to operate on Newtypes in base

Keith keith.wygant at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:29:39 UTC 2020

Probaly this is obvious, but the provided 'un' and 'wrap' don't actually unwrap and wrap newtypes. They each coerce between any Coercible types (which includes wrapping and unwrapping newtypes). It looks like you can use 'un' to turn a 'Sum Word32' into a newtype  BitMask :: Word32 -> BitMask.

So it would be totally on the user to guarantee that such use is safe and idiomatic.
Sent from my phone with K-9 Mail.