Potential space leak in transpose

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:35:34 UTC 2020

unzip should fuse with its argument, so inlining presumably won't do
anything there. The pairs that unzip itself creates are actually what
prevent the leak. GHC creates "selector thunks" to deconstruct them, which
the garbage collector can reduce. The garbage collector will never reduce
the deconstruction of list conses.