Improving the instances of Data.Functor.{Product,Sum}

Andrew Martin andrew.thaddeus at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:05:05 UTC 2020

You're right. I botched that. The scenario I meant to describe was:

    foo :: _ => f a -> f a -> Bool
    foo x y = Compose (Just x) == Compose (Just y) && Compose [x] ==
Compose [y]

The different results are:
* FlexibleContexts approach: `(Eq (Maybe (f a)), Eq [f a])`
* Eq1 typeclass: `(Eq1 f, Eq a)`
* Quantified Constraints: `(forall x. Eq x => Eq (f x), Eq a)`

Only the FlexibleContexts approach mentions Maybe and [] in the constraints.

--
-Andrew Thaddeus Martin