Question about the portability of containers

Julian Ospald hasufell at posteo.de
Tue Jun 9 07:44:55 UTC 2020

Portability is the reason I stopped caring about my containers PR, which is a very minor addition. I have no concrete input on what to do either, even after several pings, so I gave up.

https://github.com/haskell/containers/pull/592

My view on this is: if it makes people stop contributing, it is not worth it for something I don't even see a real world use case for, only theoretical ones.