Type signature of readIntP seems redundant?

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Mon Jun 8 18:54:13 UTC 2020

 > readIntP :: Num a => a -> (Char -> Bool) -> (Char -> Int) -> ReadP a

Dunno, but one could guess that people find this function more
convenient to apply, in the spirit of

   readIntP x (('0' <=) .&&. (<= '9')) ((- ord '0') . ord)

One could always add your function, under a different name.

They easily convert into each other, using a function like

   boolToMaybe :: Bool -> a -> Maybe a
   boolToMaybe True  a = Just a
   boolToMaybe False _ = Nothing