Re: Ann: let’s create better norms for ensuring all important libraries have several active maintainers

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:22:14 UTC 2020

To be clear, I’ve been pretty fried by managing how to balance improving
those core libraries while avoiding needless breakages that hurt past the
current users.  (Not a good mix for anxiety I guess) And I’m very happy to
shift to taking a supporting / contributing role for those who’ve stepped
forward and as of now are current primary maintainers.

More broadly I’m gonna step back / resign from my
other formal leadership responsibilities and Daniel will takeover as clc
 chair.

It’s been a tough year for me, this fall a younger family member was in the
icu for 6 months, and as with everyone else I’ve not handled the global
pandemic stuff in a way that is conducive to effective technical leadership
in our community. This has impacted other folks, which isn’t great.

I look forward to continuing to collab with this community I care about,
and I guess I need to just step back from over committing myself and focus
on taking care of myself.