Hackage trustee selection process

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:54:33 UTC 2020

Yes, it sounds like the situation "on the ground" is not nearly as dire as
the situation in the documentation! It would be very helpful to explain in
https://wiki.haskell.org/Hackage_trustees that the trustees follow
guidelines set by the haskell.org committee, and serve at that committee's
pleasure. Just reading that page makes it look like the wild west:

"The whole trustee system, and metadata editing feature is still somewhat
in its infancy. The initial trustees were appointed by the hackage admins
based on their previous volunteer work in this area. There is currently no
formal process for becoming a trustee."