random library: Request for Carter Tazio Schonwald (@cartazio) to step down as maintainer with immediate effect

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Wed Jun 3 15:50:32 UTC 2020

Hi Carter,

random is a "public utility" library, and as such should be maintained by the community.

A group of qualified engineers (which you were welcome to join) have carefully prepared a release, to which it sounds like you don't have any specific technical objections.

Can you explain why they should not be able to make that release, or why you should be a gatekeeper of this process?

I appreciate the difficulty of the situation in which the U.S. is right now, but to me, this is just another reason not to have a single person in charge of a core library.

Roman