[core libraries] Improved TimerManager API

Kazu Yamamoto (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?=) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Mon Jun 1 00:12:36 UTC 2020

Hello,

If I remember correctly, the current algorithm of TimerManager was
proposed by me. That is, TimerManager is waken up only when the
internal PSQ is changed. (See abda03be6794ffd9bbc2c4f77d7f9d534a202b21)

I would like to understand what failure (or success) means. Does it
include BOTH TimerManager is not waken up AND poll() system call
returns -1?

I guess that this change is a little bit harder than people expect.

--Kazu