Discussion: forM for Data.Set

George Wilson george at wils.online
Sun Jan 12 21:35:19 UTC 2020

Adding `traverse` and `for` to Data.Set seems like a good idea.

I am not convinced about adding mapM and forM if there's no
performance benefit to those versions. I'd rather not see that
redundancy proliferate without good reason. In base, I would like to
see those functions reduced to aliases per this thread [1], but that's
waiting on [2].

[1] https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2015-May/025708.html
[2] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/10071

Cheers,