[core libraries] Rename NonEmpty.groupWith/sortWIth to *On*

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:17:00 UTC 2020

Hello Philip, clc gets / reads libraries anyways, no need to double email :
)

perhaps i'm missing something, are we talking about the specifics of the
implementations while stilling having the same observable pure results, OR
something different?

When does each have a clear performance win?

at least from my native english speaker perspective, sortWith is better
grammar.  Are you describing a choice of performance characteristics
related to  *On vs *With functions?

also, could you spell out which reference implementations of which
convention enshrine which meanings you have in mind?

I dont see a good reason to change the names that are provided from one to
the other. Are you merely making the case that both styles should be
exported from certain places, and that a particular choice of evaluation
trade offs be enshrined by the respective naming convention?

please spell this out more concretely, i'm not able to decode what you mean
unambiguiously. Just changing the names of some functions in base in
isolation breaks code for no reason, so if you are arguing for that, i'm
gonna say nope :)