withFile defeats dead handle closure

Oliver Charles ollie at ocharles.org.uk
Wed Dec 30 21:25:56 UTC 2020

While maybe not directly related to this, for many small changes suggested to base the answer is often: go write a library and see how it works out. This is often for fairly stylistic changes to "fringe" components of base. Here we're talking about a full blown operational change to something incredibly common. If anything, I think it would have to subject to the same process - try it out, really use it anger, see what breaks and - hopefully! - what gets better.