Operator precedence help

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 17:26:15 UTC 2020

I'm trying to work out appropriate precedences for operators and pattern
synonyms in my brand-new compact-sequences package. I currently have stacks
and queues, but I will soon have deques, so let's pretend. For consistency,
operators will match pattern synonyms.

(<|), pattern (:<) :: a -> Deque a -> Deque a
(|>), pattern (:>) :: Deque a -> a -> Deque a

:< and :> need to have different precedence to allow things like

  a :< b :< xs :> c :> d

to work nicely, but what numbers should I pick?

I also have cons and snoc functions. Should I give their backticked
spellings fixity declarations? If so, with what precedences?