Proposal: Add singleton function to Data.List module

Taylor Fausak taylor at fausak.me
Mon Sep 9 22:30:02 UTC 2019

Hooray! I'm happy to hear that my proposal has been accepted and `singleton` will be added to `Data.List` in the next major release of GHC. I'm also excited about making functions in `Data.List` monomorphic to lists. I look forward to that change!

I'd like to take a moment to thank my team at ITProTV for motivating this proposal. I'd also like to thank the community, both here and elsewhere, for the spirited discussion about this proposal. And finally I'd like to thank the Core Libraries Committee for ultimately decided on this proposal. I appreciate all of you!

Lastly, should I submit a patch for this? I would be happy to, but the code involved is minimal and I don't mind if someone else wants to actually commit it. You can see the code and documentation that I would commit here: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/list-singleton-1.0.0.2/docs/Data-List-Singleton.html#v:singleton