[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: lens-family 2.0.0 anniversary edition!

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Fri Jul 19 15:03:55 UTC 2019

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Oliver Charles wrote:

> * '_Left' and '_Right' have been renamed as 'lft_' and 'rgt_'.
>
> Why? I fail to see the benefit of such a breaking change.

I have a new convention that 'foo_' is defined as 'under foo' (or
something similar).

Naturally, users can stick with the 1.2 release of lens-family if it
suits their needs.

``My friends, love is better than anger.  Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than dispair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and
optimistic.  And we'll change the world.'' -- Jack Layton