Install GHC from source with profiling build of base

Andrew Martin andrew.thaddeus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 20:43:48 UTC 2019

When I build GHC from source, I can see a bunch of .p_hi files under
libraries/base. This makes sense given that the default for GhcLibWays is
"v p". But when I run "make install" all the profiling stuff gets stripped
out:

amartin at thadtop:~/.local/lib/ghc-8.9.0.20190628$ find . | grep -o
'\.[^./0-9]*$' | sort -u
.
.a
.cache
.conf
.d
.dyn_hi
.h
.hi
.lock
.o
.so
.txt

Not a profiling-related artifact in sight. And this local build rightfully
fails to build anything with profiling turned on. So, how do I actually
install the profiling builds of the wired in libraries?

--
-Andrew Thaddeus Martin