Proposal: Add singleton function to Data.List module

John Villarreal j0villarreal at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 06:16:46 UTC 2019

I guess it's actually 13 people expressing disapproval and I'm -1 on this proposal as well. When I learned Haskell our programming exercises revolved heavily around manipulating and transforming lists. I never felt the urge to use "singleton" as there were always ways to express this more directly in an obvious way. In fact I would be rather confused to see code operating on lists using a noisy "singleton" function and maybe even consider it a code-smell.