Proposal: Add singleton function to Data.List module

Oliver Charles ollie at ocharles.org.uk
Mon Aug 12 17:21:52 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:10 PM Oliver Charles <ollie at ocharles.org.uk> wrote:

> You are of course entitled to see this as a weak argument, but those
> of us who are writing Haskell for 8 hours a day do not make all of our
> decisions based on purely "technical" arguments. How easy it is for
> myself and colleagues to review code is significant.

Apologies, I see now this statement reads like 'I write more code that
hvr, so his opinion is worth less'. That wasn't my intention, in fact
I wasn't trying to provide any type of judgement as to how much hvr
writes (as I understand it, hvr writes plenty!). I was just trying to
emphasize how much this proposal means to me as a full time Haskell
programmer.

Seeing as I'm already derailing the conversation I'll step out of this
for now. Turns out I'm weirdly passionate about this single
expression!