Add missing Monad/Traversable instances to tuples

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Apr 4 05:54:46 UTC 2019

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019, Bryan Richter wrote:

> I also understand the consistency aesthetic, and I would support efforts
> to make it feasible. The onus to "write a patch", though, is on the side
> of people championing this aesthetic. :)

In Germany there is a law: If you damage environment in the course of a
construction, you must compensate this somehow. E.g. if you fell a tree
you must plant some new ones. Analogously, if you reduce type safety in a
way then add compensation in another way. That is, I also think that it is
the obligation of the instance proposers to also implement some instance
warning. I would not be surprised if they find out this way that we have a
case of YAGNI.