Proposal: Add HasCallStack to the partial functions in base

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 01:33:07 UTC 2018

I mostly think this is a good idea. However, some care is required to
prevent performance problems, especially in recursive functions. Watch out
in implementation! Also, these partial functions are sometimes used in
non-obviously total contexts, such as the implementation of mfix for lists.
We should refrain from introducing code bloat for nothing.