Extensions to the module name system in H2020

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang-it at jeltsch.info
Tue Jul 31 22:40:29 UTC 2018

Am Dienstag, den 31.07.2018, 14:57 -0400 schrieb David Menendez:
> I agree with the argument that reflecting the provenance of a module
> in its name is not always desirable, but the idea that it is never
> desirable is obviously incorrect. Are Parsec, QuickCheck, and pretty
> all doing it wrong?

I’ve never considered the module names of Parsec, QuickCheck, etc.
mentioning the packages the modules come from but mentioning the
interfaces the modules provide. So for me “QuickCheck” doesn’t refer to
the QuickCheck package but to a certain way of doing tests with a
certain interface.

All the best,
Wolfgang