Remove WrappedMonad

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 02:29:20 UTC 2018

+1

I don't know about *serious* use, but there are at least a few
packages that would need modification if it goes away. The ones I was
able to find in not too many minutes of searching:

It shows up in type signatures in

* lens: Control.Lens.Plated, Control.Lens.Traversal,
Control.Lens.IndexedTraversal, and Control.Lens.Wrapped
* base-orphans: Data.Orphans

It has instances (which would have to be removed) in

* semigroupoids: Data.Functor.Alt, Data.Functor.Apply,
Data.Functor.Bind, Data.Functor.Plus

* pointed: Data.Pointed

Among the GHC boot libraries, it appears to be used only in
containers, which only uses it for old base versions.