Remove WrappedMonad

Dan Burton danburton.email at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 01:50:43 UTC 2018

I don't quite understand the comment about DerivingVia.

If Monad keeps return as a typeclass method, then DerivingVia could be used
> to produce an Applicative instance from a Monad instance.

Why would DerivingVia be needed for this? If you have your hands on a Monad
instance, then you always have access to the corresponding Applicative
instance, since Applicative is a superclass of Monad. I'm not sure how
DerivingVia comes into play here, or how the "monad of no return" proposal
would change anything about this. Can someone spell it out for me?

-- Dan Burton