Map with a different Monoid instance

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Thu May 25 16:55:55 UTC 2017

A lot of people have wrappers around Data.Map and Data.IntMap to give them
more useful (Semigroup and) Monoid instances. I'd like to add such wrappers
to containers. What we need to be able to do that are *names* for the new
modules. I can't think of any, so I'm reaching out to the list. Please
suggest names! Another question is whether we should take the opportunity
of new modules to modernize and streamline the API a bit. I'd like, at
least, to separate "safe" from "unsafe" functions, putting the unsafe ones
in .Unsafe modules.