Heterogeneous equality into base?

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 18:38:01 UTC 2017

Not sure. You can go back and forth between normal Leibnizian equality and :~: in Haskell.

The notion of an Equality in lens can be seen as a Leibnizian equality, just with an extra set of parameters and encoding it that way lets us compose them with (.) from the Prelude. I suppose if you stripped off your newtype you could do the same here. Other than that? If we didn't have ~ or ~~ already it'd bring something to the table as it provides you some ability to talk about type equality without them in your language. But we do have them.

Sent from my iPhone