Heterogeneous equality into base?

Andrew Martin andrew.thaddeus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 01:25:58 UTC 2017

Just wanted to weigh in with my two cents. I also prefer to use the module system for the most part rather than prefixing function names with something that indicates the data type they operate on. However, when it comes to types, I would much rather they have different names. I like that the data constructor of :~~: is HRefl. However, for the functions sym, trans, etc., I would rather have a Data.Type.Equality.Hetero that exports all of these without any kind of prefixes on them. Then there's the question of where we export :~~: from. It could be exported only from the Hetero module, or it could be exported from both.

Sent from my iPhone