Whither the AFPP?

Eric Mertens emertens at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 00:07:55 UTC 2017

If we're going to improve the state of the file path type, it would be
appropriate to first develop a package to work out the new design. Packages
have already tried and failed at this, and the base package isn't the place
to experiment in this space. Once this package existed and saw wide use,
allowing kinks in the API to be worked out, it would then be appropriate to
think about migrating base to it.

Regards,
Eric