Add `take`/`drop`/`splitAt` to `Data.Map`/`Data.Set`

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Tue Mar 8 19:00:24 UTC 2016

On 03/08/2016 02:26 AM, Dan Burton wrote:
> I would prefer that the Ord constraint be retained in the type
> signature, even if not used in the implementation. Sets and Maps
> conceptually do not have an ordering; the Ord constraint indicates in
> which order one is sequencing the values.

I don't quite understand the essence of your argument, but
what you're proposing (annotating every function that deals with Sets or
Maps with an Ord constraint) sounds like data type contexts[1], which
was more or less universally admitted to be a bad idea.

Could you explain in more detail why you want that?

[1]: https://wiki.haskell.org/Data_declaration_with_constraint

Roman