Bug tracker for cpphs

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Sun Jan 31 00:40:41 UTC 2016

If you want something lightweight that'll just send you emails when an
issue is filed (thus enabling you to not change your workflow), then GitHub
issues are probably tops right now.

You can get into more advanced categorization, search, and filtering of
issues but you're not obligated to do anything upfront and it can happen
incrementally over time.

All to say, I agree with Theodore and Andres even if I have my reservations
about using a proprietary service for open source work.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Theodore Lief Gannon <tanuki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Chiming in to agree: don't be afraid of Github, it's very ergonomic. In
> particular, it's safe to only look at the bits relevant to your immediate
> needs; you don't have to know the whole system before doing anything.
>
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez <asr at eafit.edu.co>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Malcolm,
>>
>> On 30 January 2016 at 06:49, Malcolm Wallace <malcolm.wallace at me.com>
>> wrote:
>> > If someone with more experience of setting up trackers were to do the
>> work of creating one for cpphs (maybe on github? is that where everyone
>> hangs out these days?), I might be persuaded to use it.  :-)
>>
>> To you set up a bug tracker in GitHub for cpphs requires only two steps:
>>
>> 1. Create a GitHub account (you already have one)
>> 2. Create the cpphs repository with the issues enabled.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> --
>> Andrés

Chris Allen