Cabal on Mac OSX EL Capitan - forwarding DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

tamarind code tamarindcode at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:37:53 UTC 2016

Hi,
There was a discussion in github about stack (see link below) where the
conclusion seems to be pointing towards a bug in Cabal on Mac OSX EL
Capitan related to forwarding DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/issues/1161#issuecomment-158473975

At the moment the suggested workaround is to disable System Integrity
Protection which sounds a bit scary to me.

So I thought this might be a good idea to reported to someone in a Cabal
team.

At the moment I am using an Ubuntu Virtual Machine to avoid having to mess
with SIP on my mac. Hope some clever/kind person from the Haskell community
would be able to fix this soon.

Thanks

Sam