Proposal: Add conspicuously missing Functor instances for tuples

Ryan Scott ryan.gl.scott at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:29:41 UTC 2016

I can sympathize with your sentiment. Normally, if there's a datatype
whose instance I don't want to use, I just make my own replacement.
However, it's hard to do that with tuples given their special
syntactic treatment.

It might be worth looking into adding RebindableSyntax for tuples [1]
to address scenarios like this.

Ryan S.
-----
[1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7845