prelude-compat, prelude2010

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sat Jan 2 12:21:53 UTC 2016

Here is my attempt to make packages compile with GHC-7.10 and older
compilers without warnings:

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/prelude-compat-0.0/candidate
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/prelude2010-0.0/candidate

The idea is that prelude2010:Prelude maintains the export list of
haskell2010:Prelude such that you are saved both from identifier conflicts
and warnings about redundant imports of Data.Foldable etc.

Unfortunately, when I try to use it on GHC-7.8.4 together with
base-noprelude, I am told that base-noprelude cannot be installed with
Cabal-1.22. :-(

However, when thinking about adapting all my packages to this work-around
I'd prefer to switch to the real solution, namely split base packages that
can be upgraded independently from GHC.