Haskell Foldable Wats

Kosyrev Serge _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Wed Feb 24 15:49:28 UTC 2016

Nathan Bouscal <nbouscal at gmail.com> writes:
> Apologies for being unclear. By marginal, I meant that I expect many
> learners who end up confused by this would have otherwise come across
> the same confusion by other paths.

This sounds odd to me in two ways:

1. it is not "the same" confusion -- it is a worse confusion, for
   several reasons:
   - the questionable Functor instance gives a cognitive dissonance for
     not transforming the entirety of the tuple (for good reasons, but still!)
   - the questionable Functor is a puzzlingly arbitrary choice among a
     N-family of options that an N-tuple provides.

2. but even if the confusion itself wasn't made worse -- its impact has
   increased, because exposure to it has increased

--
с уважениeм / respectfully,
Косырев Сергей