Discussion: GHC.Generics vs. transformers Sum/Product

Ryan Scott ryan.gl.scott at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 14:04:58 UTC 2016

Indeed, I've been meaning to fix Trac #9043 [1] for a while. Its progress
had been blocked by a separate issue [2] that will be fixed in 8.0. Now
there's nothing blocking it, and I have a GHC fork [3] that finishes Oliver
Charles' work on adding more instances to GHC.Generics datatypes. I'll
probably submit it once 8.0 is released (since the window for new additions
for 8.0 has already passed).

In the meantime, if there's an instance you want to see added, file an
issue on https://github.com/RyanGlScott/ghc!

Ryan S.
-----
[1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/9043