[Haskell-cafe] Monad of no `return` Proposal (MRP): Moving `return` out of `Monad`

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Mon Oct 5 13:46:04 UTC 2015

Does anyone here use base-compat? It has worked quite well in my very
limited usage. I think that if the libraries committee officially
maintained it then most of the complaints about the difficulties of
maintaining backwards-compatible code and having to use conditional
compilation would go away. So we have a solution for a large subset of the
complaints here, why is nobody using it?