Monad of no `return` Proposal (MRP): Moving `return` out of `Monad`

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Fri Oct 2 22:21:46 UTC 2015

On 10/02/2015 11:38 PM, Imants Cekusins wrote:
> speaking not about this particular "return" issue but change as such:
>
> change can be
> a) avoided or
> b) accommodated.
>
> let's think of abstract languages L and N. Any resemblance is
> coincidental and irrelevant.

(snip)

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to put that in "working
programmer" terms, at least if I'm ever going to understand it.

Like most working programmers, I personally don't thrive on formal
semantics/methods (though I do often benefit from them, even unknowingly!).

Can you explain the problem in layman's terms?

Regards,